How to Talk to Kids about the Recession
Get kid-friendly activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
I Wanna Help!
If your kids are eager to contribute to the family budget and cost-cutting efforts, hold a family meeting and brainstorm ideas. Some suggestions:
• Pack a lunch at home instead of buying it at school.
• Instead of buying new books or renting DVDs, visit the local public library and borrow new titles.
• Assign a child to be responsible for making sure the lights are turned off when not in use.
• Collect coupons for groceries.
• Have fun making homemade gifts and giving them as birthday presents, etc.
• Trading with friends can be as much fun as getting new toys, books, and videogames.